The course aims to understand how industrial automation systems work and the role software plays in factory floor operation.
After completing the course, the participants/student shall be able to:
- Identify the challenges in design and development of software for industrial automation.
- Identify the role of software in industrial automation.
- Develop simple industrial automation control applications using structured text and ladder logic.
- Design a simple control software using state-machine based design and implement this design using structure text/Ladder logic.
- Motivate the need for adopting industry 4.0 as the future of industrial automation
The course is provided as contract education and is subject to a fee. Please contact Luleå University of Technology for more information