Through this introductory course you will learn the basics of programming with a focus on Python, but the knowledge is equally applicable to many other programming languages.
- Introduction to software development and software development environments.
- Variables and program states, route selection, iteration, recursion.
- Arithmetic and logical expressions, strings and word processing.
- Generalization, parameterization and function abstraction.
- Dynamic data structures, file concept, standard library and error handling.
- References versus values, the alias problem.
- Introduction to the concept of objects.
- Problem solving, program structure and documentation.
The course is provided as contract education and is subject to a fee. Please contact Luleå University of Technology for more information